Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Insurance Rates Rising, WellPoint Raising Premiums By Double Digits

What an outrage, Teabaggers need a good “Tea Bagging” if you ask me, and I know just who will be giving it to them, WellPoint. Think Progress   reports plans for double-digit increase in premiums in 11 states: 

“– California: Average rates are expected to increase 25 percent in 2010, with increases as high as 39 percent for some policyholders.
– Colorado: Average rates are expected to increase 19.9 percent in 2010, with increases of up to 24.5 percent for some policyholders.
– Indiana: Rates are expected to increase 21 percent in 2010.
– Maine: Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield requested a 23 percent increase for 2010 after five straight years of double-digit increases for individual policyholders. Anthem is suing the Maine Insurance Commissioner for rejecting its request last year for an 18.5 percent rate hike and allowing a 10.9 percent increase.
– Ohio: Average individual rates are expected to decline 40 percent in 2010 due to a new state law that went into effect in 2010.”

I cannot believe that people are so stupid that they continue to fight against Healthcare Reform in the face of these outrageous increases. They would without a doubt be the first ones to slam Obama with the blame for these rate increases if “Gawd forbid” reform isn’t passed. But the truth is none of them will have anyone but their own sorry asses to blame.

It’s all about the money honey. Money talks and bullshit walks and lobbyists circle scare tactics round and round. Meanwhile their puppets (AKA the GOP) talk circles, and talk shit, filibuster, and do every thing they can to block or obstruct everything the White House tries to do. Then have the nerve to say, “Obama is all talk and nothing is getting done”. Well, WTF!

The current health insurance industry in the country will never be brought under control without reform, a hell of a lot of regulation, AND a public option. The California insurance regulators investigating Anthem Blue Cross, after their recent announcement of the potential 39% premium increase have already found 732 violations and they’ve just gotten started!

Those violations are probably nothing compared to what regulators would find if they came down on every health insurance company Nation wide, starting with United Health!

Call your senators, call the White House, and make your voice heard. Tell them to vote YES to reform through reconciliation. YES with a PUBLIC OPTION.

7 comments:

  1. I was reading that Montana was another state getting increases from something like 37 to 49% for some insured in the state. The states insurance office has had complaints flooding in. When will they ever learn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It absolutely helpful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & aid different customers like its aided me. Good job.

    Feel free to visit my web site :: First time car insurance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Іt's very straightforward to find out any topic on net as compared to books, as I found this article at this site.

    my site daily car insurance

    ReplyDelete
  4. For most uр-to-dаte information уou hаνe to go to see thе web and on wοrlԁ-wiԁe-web I found this ѕіtе as а mοst excellent sіte for most
    rеcent updates.

    Alsо visіt mу web ρage - Daily car insurance

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ηi mateѕ, hoω iѕ the whole thing, and ωhat
    you desirе to say about thіѕ post, in my view its truly awesome
    designеd for me.

    Feel free to ѕurf to mу ωebsite - One Day car insurance

    ReplyDelete
  6. I all thе time used to ѕtudy post in news papеrs but now as I am а
    user of іnternet thегefoгe from now I am using net for
    posts, thanks tο ωeb.

    Ηere is my wеblog: Daily car insurance

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonԁerful publish, very іnformatiѵe.
    I pοnder ωhу thе othеr experts of this
    sector do not undеrstand this. Yοu shoulԁ contіnue your writіng.
    I'm sure, you'ѵе а huge reаders' base already!

    my webpage: Car insurance for new drivers

    ReplyDelete